Health Sciences Entry Level Consultant
Ramboll is seeking a Health Sciences Entry Level Consultant to join the firm’s Emeryville, CA or San Francisco, CA office. The Health Sciences Entry Level Consultant will be working in a challenging and variable environment that will include detail-oriented independent work and possible client interactions under supervision. Responsibilities include assisting with human health risk assessments for hazardous waste sites, Brownfield redevelopment sites, ambient air releases, and indoor air sources, as well as product safety evaluations and litigation support. Essential duties of this position may include:
- Compiling, organizing, and managing environmental data and databases
- Performing statistical and geospatial analyses of environmental and other data
- Evaluating the fate and transport of chemicals
- Estimating human exposures to chemicals in different environmental media (e.g., air, soil, sediment, fish tissue, produce, water, etc.) and calculating risks
- Reviewing and summarizing regulatory guidance, literature documents, and technical reports related to human exposures, chemical toxicity, risk assessment, and chemical fate and transport; extracting relevant data and interpreting results
- Assisting with preparation of technical reports, scope of work, proposals, and presentations including development of summary tables and figures, composing narrative summaries, and performing quality assurance/quality control of work products
Master degree in Toxicology, Public Health, Environmental/Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with related experience of 0-1 years. Exemplary individual with Bachelor’s degree and related experience of 1-2 years will be considered. One year of chemistry background is required.
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with MS Access for managing, querying, and analyzing data
- Statistical analysis capabilities in MS Excel, and/or R
- Experience with Python or SQL
- Ability to review and follow detailed risk assessment guidance documents
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team and individually
- Self-directed initiative to improve and advance technical capabilities and skills
- Detail oriented and strong sense of responsibility
- GIS capability is a plus, but not required
- Working experience in environmental related fields is a plus.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives and regulations of the many countries in which we do business, and without regard to ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, military service or veteran status. Ramboll will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may support sponsorship for the right candidate.
Workplace Emeryville, CA