Environmental Engineering Consultant - Arlington, VA
Ramboll, an environmental, health, and technical consultancy which provides state-of-the-art scientific, technical, and strategic risk management assistance to an international client base, is currently seeking applicants for an Environmental Engineering position in Arlington, Virginia. The following position description conveys the general qualifications and responsibilities of our Consultant and Senior Consultant positions. Candidates with relevant work experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Please include a cover letter along with your resume.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting research and otherwise assisting with technical analyses of issues related to human exposure to contaminants in the environment;
- Conducting environmental assessments of industrial properties, commercial and residential developments, undeveloped properties, and hazardous waste sites.
- Modeling the fate and transport of contaminants in the environment;
- Evaluating, selecting, and designing remediation and pollution control technologies;
- Researching and understanding historical manufacturing operations, and assessing the risks to human health and the environment from current and historical operations and accidental releases from industrial facilities;
- Critically reviewing, abstracting, and summarizing regulatory requirements for all areas of environmental compliance (e.g., scientific articles, Federal regulations)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, or PhD in Chemical, Environmental, Civil Engineering, or relevant field is required
- 1-5 years of related experience desired
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical persons
- Experience with PC-based and network applications software
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with environmental fate and transport modeling, document database management, environmental contaminant forensic analysis, risk assessment, environmental sampling, or due diligence are a plus
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Workplace Arlington, VA