Engineer, Infrastructure & Highways team
We invite you to bring your experience to perform complex analysis into play as you use computer modelling systems to create, review and interpret technical material. To succeed in this role you must have a good degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) ideally with Civil Engineering MEng. Are you our new Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport department
As our new Engineer you will be part of a dynamic and elite Highways team in Southampton. Our Southampton office is located on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil working environment, despite being only a short drive from Southampton City centre. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for managing the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects
- Liase with both private and public clients, local authorities and external stakeholders
- Carry out technical reviews and the checking of design information and reports prepared by other engineers in the team
- Assist with the production of proposals for new commissions, and undertaking project management and financial control of small to medium sized projects
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience in the design and project management of roads and drainage for residential, commercial and retail developments and will be responsible for the production of detailed design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents and specifications
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency of industry standard software including Windes, PDS, AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc. and act as a technical mentor to junior team members
- Demonstrate experience using design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges and BSEN Standards
- Proven examples in successful design delivery of highways and drainage infrastructure to adoptable standards including the successful negotiation of Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements are required
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
Will have a proven record as a competent Engineer, able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision, whilst managing and supporting the supervision of junior team members.
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
Please ensure when applying that you have eligibility to work in the UK
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.