Hydrology Engineer – Team Lead (f/m)
Are you interested in working on world class landscape architecture projects with international teams? Do you possess a thorough understanding of hydraulic development and technology trends? Is it your passion to develop and lead a group of people towards excellence? Do you find sharing knowledge important and satisfying? Have you handled large projects?
If you want to work for a unique organisation, and are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact through your work, then this role is for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Hydrology Engineer (f/m) to join our team in Beijing.
About Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl
At Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl we believe that a vibrant public realm is at the heart of liveable cities. It creates communities, brings people in touch with nature and is a source of learning, pleasure, health and wellness.
Our well-tried approach puts collaboration, hands-on public participation and cross-agency coordination as the first step in arriving at innovative solutions that generate civic pride.
Whether visible or invisible, water plays an essential role in the vitality of urban life. We solve multiple urban challenges by creating desirable green spaces often in marginal land while at the same time solving storm water flooding problems, improving water quality and thereby creating harmonious blue-green solutions, increasing also the resilience of urban areas.
We are grounded visionaries; we do not just conceptualise solutions, we take them from visioning through detailed design to the management of construction and project commissioning. We combine cutting-edge skills in landscape architecture, urban design, urban hydrology, civil engineering and ecology to create special and unique public spaces in which water management infrastructure is an aesthetic part of the amenity. Technology becomes transparent, a beautiful designed feature where landscape and water are fully integrated to create highly desirable living experiences.
Our passion and philosophy is founded on our European heritage, honed on projects all over the world and delivered by our multicultural teams in Germany, Singapore, China, the Nordic countries and the Middle East.
Our offer to you
- Varied and challenging tasks from with a high level of autonomy
- An international working environment with flat hierarchies, a motivated team and a pleasant working climate
- A company that is focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography
- A transparent corporate culture shaped by Scandinavian values
- The opportunity to bring in your individual skills and to help shape innovation
- Versatile development opportunities in a dynamic and growing company
Your role and responsibilities:
In your new role as Hydrology Engineer (f/m) you take on the responsibility of team leader and are responsible for the overall quality management of projects. You are a skilled team player who leads and motivates your team members to deliver. You thrive in a multicultural environment and use your strong interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships with both clients and colleagues. Among others, your tasks will include:
- Lead and manage a project team on medium-scaled to large-scaled planning projects
- Coordination between internal departments and to clients
- Demonstrate integrity when delegating problem solving tasks to project team members
- Presentation of projects to clients
- Ensure that projects demands are met, that they exceed client expectations and are delivered timely
- Carry the responsibility for the quality of the projects
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- A successfully completed education in urban water management, hydraulic engineering or environmental engineering
- 8+ years of work experience in large urban water management or ecology storm water system projects in Beijing, Shanghai or Shenzhen or in related fields
- Strong knowledge and experience in hydraulic engineering and storm water utilitzation
- The ability to manage and solve problems in design and construction comprehensively
- Possess thorough understanding of hydraulic development and technology trends
- Plentiful experiences in cooperation with clients, design institutes and construction companies
- Familiar with relevant domestic design standards and regulations
- Proficiency in industry-standard software
- Strong English language skills (written and verbal), along with strong communication skills
We look forward to receiving your application with information to your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectation via email to the hands of Mrs. Cathy Lv at email@example.com.
As this position is assigned to an international department, we kindly ask you to submit your letter of motivation and CV in English.
Workplace Beijing (inactive)