Senior or Principal Flood/Water Consultant - Southampton or Bath
Due to a very busy order book an opening has arisen for a Senior or Principal water consultant based in Ramboll’s Southampton or Bath office. The position is within the water service line of the Environment team to assist with our diverse workload. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of environmental and technical areas but predominantly within the water discipline. The water service line is a dynamic and innovative team with a variety of skills working across a wide range of client types.
The role will incorporate the management, co-ordination and delivery of flood, hydrology and drainage related projects including feasibility studies, flood risk assessments, EIA chapters, hydraulic modelling, drainage strategies and concept designs. Project types will predominantly include Infrastructure and Development schemes. The role will involve working with the water team and project managers across the wider Ramboll business.
Key work areas shall include:
- Providing project specific technical support including Flood Studies (such as FRA’s for planning and BREEAM purposes), Hydraulic Modelling (experience with MicroDrainage, TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS, or FEH/ReFH will be advantageous), Strategy/Concept Drainage Design incorporating SuDS, Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Support in Water Quality and hydrogeology projects along with, Sustainability Appraisals and Environmental Management Plans.
- Coordinating with and supporting the established team, taking the lead on specific actions or projects and other deliverables within our existing workload.
- Responding to and leading in coordination of project briefs, preparing calculations, specifications, designs, reports, drawings and liaising with clients and other team members to provide progress updates, as well as contributing to the management of projects and budgets, with support from other team members.
- Composing project scopes and fee proposals.
- Writing and checking technical reports.
- Attending meetings and liaising with clients, contractors, architects, planners and other professionals concerning all areas relevant to our projects.
- Carrying out such additional duties as may reasonably be required.
The successful candidate shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Appropriate BEng/BSc or equivalent qualification.
- MEng or MSc in an environmental discipline (desirable but not essential).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Incorporated or Chartered Member of a professional organisation e.g. CIWEM or ICE.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Proficient user of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. Experience of AutoCAD, ArcGIS/QGIS, is desirable.
- Experience with hydrologic/hydraulic modelling software of fluvial and/or sewered systems such as MicroDrainage, TuFLOW, MIKE, HEC-RAS, and FEH.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Competent in the production of concept drawings for drainage and flood mitigation works.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- Capable of producing clear and concise written reports, including EIA chapters.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload and coordinate with other team members
- Capable of working independently and effectively within team.
- Ability to use initiative and think innovatively.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Self-motivated, reliable and dedicated
- Interest in the sustainability agenda and environmental developments in the industry.
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.