Structural Design Engineer for Port and Infrastructure projects
Do you have what it takes to tackle engineering challenges for the world’s largest port developments?
With a bulging portfolio of port and marine projects, we are looking for an ambitious structural engineer to expand and strengthen our team. You will join our group of dedicated experts as an experienced engineer responsible for project delivery of structural concrete disciplines on port and marine projects. Further, you will collaborate across the organisation on heavy infrastructure and off-shore energy projects.
You are expected to:
- Take an active role on port and marine projects to deliver state-of-art structural concrete design
- Ensure that structural design is practical, buildable and fits the client’s design brief
- Structure and produce clear and elaborate design documentation
- Organise and give input to graphic deliverables
- Collaborate with geotechnical teams to ensure optimal design
- Take part in development of in-house best practice materials and knowledge sharing across the structural network
Your profile and competencies
You are a confident and driven structural engineer with strong academic background primarily in structural concrete. Ideally, you have:
- 4-6 years of experience in design of heavy concrete structures such as capping beams and slabs, piled decks, caissons, buttress walls, diaphragm walls, etc.
- Keen understanding of building industry codes (Eurocode, BS 6349, Pianc, DNV)
- Advanced knowledge of one or more FEM programs (Lusas – advantage)
- Strong analytical skills and structural understanding
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas through precise technical sketches
- Basic understanding of geotechnics, soil-structure interaction and typical modes of failure in soil retaining structures
- Basic knowledge of marine disciplines associated with port projects (quay equipment, scour protection, elements of navigation and port planning)
- Technical creativity and good verbal and written communication skills
- Team spirit and ability to go beyond client’s expectations
Danish language skills at professional level are not necessary but are considered as an advantage.
Join the Ports and Geo Structures department
The Ports and Geo Structures department is part of Ramboll’s ports and marine service line spread across several countries. Our current projects include client consultant role for one of the world’s largest blue-field port developments – Port of Cherchell (Algeria), Port of Nador (Morocco), new terminals for CMP in Nordhavn (DK), wharf in Alotau (PNG) and several detailed design port projects in Bangladesh.
Further, we are a one of Ramboll’s knowledge hubs for retaining structures, deep and shallow foundations and support other service lines in Transport and Energy sectors on projects such as Light Rail in Ishøj, Safety Assessor on the extension of CPH metro to Sydhavn, Asnæsværket industrial development, flood protection at Jyllinge Nordmark, Syd Arne oil-platform FfP assessment and several tunnelling projects.
We nurture a distinct inter-disciplinary approach and emphasize cohesion between structural and geotechnical disciplines to ensure that all members of the team can bring tangible value to some of the most complex projects in Ramboll’s portfolio, both in Denmark and internationally.
You will be part of a highly engaged and ambitious group where you will find sufficient expert guidance from some of the best structural and geotechnical experts but also be able to exert leadership towards junior staff. You are expected to take part in structured and constructive feedback exchange among colleagues to ensure continuous development of professional skills and interpersonal relations. Our clients are accustomed to high-end service and you will be expected not only to live up to these standards but push further.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of challenges, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse – we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 14,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Department, Morten Thorhauge Boolsen, at +45 5161 7529, or Chief Consultant, Andrija Krivokapic, at +45 5161 5204.
If you are interested in applying, please send your mail through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply.
Please send your application no later than 14 December 2018.