Ramboll is accepting applications for the Summer 2019 engineering student internship program in our St Louis, MO office.
This program will run from May through August 2019. Participant(s) will be assigned a mentor who will guide them through project assignments. Our goal and purpose is to provide interns with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects during the summer program to give them a better understanding of how we provide solutions to our clients’ complicated environmental and health and safety concerns.
Types of activities are expected to include air permit calculations, groundwater and soil investigation and remediation activities, environmental site assessment support and brownfields redevelopment. The work will mainly be in the office but some site inspections are possible. Field sampling and support are likely once available training is satisfactorily completed.
In addition to hands-on environmental consulting experience, Brookfield office interns will also participate in a series of web-based, interactive workshops along with the other Summer 2019 Ramboll interns across the U.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Candidates should be working towards an engineering degree in civil, environmental or geological fields and should be interested in pursuing a career in environmental engineering and consulting.
- Candidates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and an engineering class GPA of 3.0 or above are strongly preferred. Candidates must be a Junior or Senior at a four year college with ABET accreditation in the engineering fields listed above. Candidates with anticipated graduation dates of December 2019 or May 2020 are strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% on average over the summer and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In certain situations this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels; and to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Workplace St. Louis, MO