Senior EIA Consultant
Ramboll’s Environment and Health Division is seeking an experienced EIA Senior Consultant to join their impact assessment team in the London Blackfriars office. The role will require working as a key member of our established impact assessment team.
We have a dynamic impact assessment team who enjoy working on a wide variety of different schemes with a diverse portfolio of clients and are committed to adding value to their projects.
Demonstrable EIA and project management experience across a range of sectors is required although the focus of the role is predominantly on UK projects in mixed use property development.
The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and an advanced understanding of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve project managing and delivering EIAs and will therefore require advanced project management skills and experience. A key requirmene t will be an advanced understanding of UK EIA best practice and regulations and the ability to undertake thorough technical reviews.
The successful candidate will be self-confident, diligent, proactive, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams. By the nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Daily client and project team liaison
- Project management and delivery of tenders/fee proposals, EIA and non-EIA projects
- Project meeting attendance, including stakeholder and public consultations
- Report writing, including drafting and technical review of reports and EIA chapters;
- Site inspections
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation
- Coaching/mentoring junior staff
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements
- Ability to contribute to the formulation of EIA strategies
- Ability to work successfully with various specialists and sub-consultants in the delivery of projects and in the delivery a consistent EIA approach and reporting style
- Well organised and able to plan, programme and prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision
- Competent and efficient report writing skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Numerically competent
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data
- Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Project)
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous but not essential
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline
- Masters degree in an environmental discipline (advantageous but not essential)
- Prior EIA project management experience on complex projects
- IEMA (or equivalent) membership - Practitioner/Associate
- Full clean driving licence
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and environmental consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.