P-Way Design Engineer
Candidate will be working in Rail Sector. He /She will play key & important roles in development design concept and structure design for Rail based projects. Would work with a team on different projects helping &guiding design engineers.
Main Job Responsibilities:
As P-way Design Engineer, you will be challenged with the execution of following tasks:
- Responsible for developing design capabilities in the unit.
- Good understanding of Domestic and International Railway standards such as Network Rail/European Standards.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams
- Able to guide cad draughtsman
- Experience of managing interfaces with other railway engineering disciplines with some supervision.
- Ability to determine appropriate basic input data prior to commencement of work
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgment but refers to more senior staff for complex matters
- Ensures that their own hand and computer calculations are clear, understandable, properly referenced and filed
- Fully proficient in Bentley Power Rails, Bentely Railtrack, MXRail, NOVA Point, MicroStation & AutoCad and design using appropriate software and able to prepare calculations for track layouts with some supervision
- An understanding of track construction methods & stage works of projects
- Offer new ideas to improve solutions and processes and see through ideas to implementation and completion.
- Knowledge of adapting and applying relevant cad standards
- Inspecting work undertaken by contractors.
Required Knowledge & Skill :
- A Civil Engineering Graduate from a Institute of repute.
- 5-8 years post qualification working experience out of which 2-3 years relevant experience in P-Way designing in construction /consulting company on Railway/MRTS projects.
- Fully conversant with the use of design documents like: P-way Manual, LWR Manual, SOD, & International Railway standards such as Arema, Network Rail/European standards.
- Exposure to design of New Railway Tracks & Up-graduation of existing tracks.
- Technical know how of interpretation of results and report preparation.
- Engagement for a role where taking responsibility and accountability is key.
- Familiar with the design softwares such as Bentely Power Rails, Bentley Railtrack, MXRail, NOVA Point, MicroStation & AutoCad etc.
- Good listening skills & ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English
Strong team player with a constructive perspective and commitment to the success of the business.