Overland Park, KS, North America
We invite you to bring your good time management and field work skills into play as you follow the regulatory requirements to help clean up contaminated sites. To succeed in this role, you much have a B.S. or M.S. degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science) from an accredited institution. Are you our new Environmental Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health department
As our new [Environmental Consultant] you will be part of our interdisciplinary team in Overland Park, IKS. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Compiling and evaluating sampling data to characterize chemicals in environmental media.
- Oversight of field projects managing subcontractors.
- Providing technical assistance in development of project deliverables and on-site implementation of investigation and remediation, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of technical reports.
- Interactions with clients, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Collection and management of environmental and/or residential/institutional samples.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science) from an accredited institution and have 2-5 years of experience in a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team player in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modeling and GIS mapping a plus
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) certified with current 8-hour annual refresher training
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 50% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project. Work hours may vary and will include frequent early morning starts ranging from 5 am to 7 am.
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Workplace Overland Park, KS