Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll is seeking an energetic, experienced Senior Consultant Geologist to join its office in Overland Park, KS.
The job duties of this position may include one or more of the following:
- Develop scopes of work and work plans for field implementation
- Develop reports and deliverables for review and submittal to clients and regulatory agencies
- Track deliverable schedules
- Provide senior field team coordination, overseeing the implementation of project work (i.e.: Phase II, State-lead, CERCLA, RCRA, etc.)
- Staff management while on project; mentoring junior employees, prepare bids, plans and specifications on projects
- Review creation and administration of proposals, reports and documents
- Provide document review, problem management, and support in preparation of expert witness documentation for litigation projects
- Minimum requirement is BA/BS in Hydrogeology or Geology; Master’s Degree in related fields a plus.
- Licensed Professional Geologist (PG)
- 5-10 years of experience in Environmental Consulting/Geology
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) certified with current 8-hour annual refresher training
- Experience with data management
- Experience with site characterization, drilling methods, employing geophysical methods & techniques and ground modeling
- Experience with field implementation of CERCLA/RCRA site investigation and remediation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 20% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
- Physical requirements of the position include but are not limited to: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible force constantly to move objects; must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, sit, push/pull, lift and grasp, worker may be subjected to frequent repetitive motions, extreme weather conditions such as extreme heat/cold, loud noises and hazards (i.e.: proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, gases or poor ventilation).
- Worker may be required to wear protective equipment, respirator and/or a HAZMAT suit.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities
Workplace Overland Park, KS