LEAD PIPELINE ENGINEER
Your responsibilities as Lead Pipeline Engineer
- Serve as Lead Pipeline Engineer on assigned project or multiple projects or the part of the project areas in Home/Client Office or any other places as decided by the Department Manager/Project management/Company Manager.
- Execute detailed engineering design of pipeline, Post-AFC, and construction/installation support engineering or follow-on engineering, Procurement support, etc.
- Perform onshore pipeline design. Analyses/calculations:
- Pipeline Design Basis, Pipeline Route optimization, Wall thickness calculation, on-bottom stability analysis, Expansion analysis, Free-span analysis, Riser and tie-in spool analysis, Crossings design and analysis, Cathodic protection design, lateral bucking, Dropped object and trawl gear impact study, installation analyses (static and dynamic), Tie-in Lifting Analysis etc.
- Carry out pipeline material selection and material take-offs and other technical reports.
- Check and develop field layouts, route map, alignment sheets, crossings, riser GA for pipeline design.
- Prepare technical requisitions, datasheets, specifications, technical bid evaluation, vendor data review, technical clarifications, inspection and test plans, Criticality rating for pipeline items such as Line Pipes, Induction Bends, Coating, and other as procurement support engineering
- Provide Construction and Installation support and do site visit if necessary
- Carry out bid engineering support and prepare technical bid packages.
- Develop Cost-Time Resource (CTRs) and Major Deliverables Register (MDR) and furnish weekly/monthly progress report (including concerns) for the project/department/management.
- Coordinate within members of pipeline discipline, other engineering disciplines within the organization or project team as well as with Clients, third parties, vendors etc.
- Review/check all the documents produced by Consultant/contractors according to Company specifications and standards
You and your competencies
- Work experience of 10 years in engineering and detailed analysis preferably within the related industry.
- Engineer, possess minimum a Degree/Master/ in Engineering from recognized university.
- Up to date knowledge and experience with the onshore oil and gas industry with 10 years of relevant experience or longer in design and analysis of pipelines.
- Should have in-depth understanding/conversion with ASME, ASTM, API, BS, DNV, ISO, etc. International codes and standards.
- The following software proficiency is required:
-Pipeline Analysis: AUTOPIPE or equivalent, AGA, OFFPIPE/ORCAFLEX /FLEXCOM, DNV Tool (PET)
-Finite Element Analysis: ABAQUS or ANSYS or Equivalent
-Documentation/Calculation: MS Word, Excel, MathCAD, etc.
- Good leadership, planning, organizing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Ability and willingness to meet agreed deadlines.
- Well-developed report writing skills.
- English spoken, written and working language.
- Good knowledge of international pipeline design codes/ standards and specifications.
- Past involvement as lead engineers with major oil companies projects.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. The company employs more than 13,000 experts globally and has especially strong representation in the Nordics, UK, North America, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Ramboll combines local experience with a global knowledgebase constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our clients, the end-users, and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, Energy and Management Consulting. More information available at www.ramboll.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse –we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for everyone.
Workplace Abu Dhabi