Specialist Bid Writer (Full Time or Part Time)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Specialist Bid Writer to be part of a new and exciting Market Pursuits team in the UK. You will provide critical input to quality submissions for our strategic pursuits to ensure our proposals respond to client needs, articulate our value proposition and the final submission is very persuasive. Your best practice approach to writing will be shared across the UK business.
Creative, organised, inspiring, knowledgeable, empathetic, experienced, challenging, fun – are just some of the things we are looking for.
Our vision for bidding
Our vision is to create a central team who work together to deliver bidding excellence and help us win more, better. The team will work directly on our most important strategic bids, but at the same time build a centre of excellence. The ‘go to’ place for all our bids where we have access to our best material. This role will be central to success.
Main Role Responsibilities
- Provides writing support to the quality submission at all stages including initial draft (storyboarding) final draft and fatal flaw at PQQ and tender stages;
- Will work with technical teams to ensure the proposal adequately articulates the Ramboll/joint team Value Proposition, responds to client needs and provides a persuasive narrative to generate a winning position;
- Interface between technical teams and the Bid Manager to ensure compliance with win plan/strategies, but technical content is not lost
- Will work on our most strategic pursuits, supporting other smaller opportunities where time permits
- May oversee content development for complete sections and/or take on the quality lead if required
- Supports Market Pursuits Director in bid improvement initiatives to share best practice and develop others both within Market Pursuits Team and across the UK business
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Background career that has focused on writing compelling documents, papers, proofs, reports or proposals
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in bidding in similar market sectors/industry with evidence of writing/contributing to significant/strategic pursuits within the UK and/or overseas
- Evidence of undertaking a similar specialist writing role within similar market sectors/industry
- A creative thinker, with excellent, best practice writing skills
- Evidence of sharing best practice with others
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to provide constructive written material in a way that can be easily understood and developed by others as necessary
- Ability to build internal and external relationships effectively across sector and hierarchy
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a sense of humour!
The Ramboll we know today is the direct continuation of the story our founders started in 1945. Johan Georg Hannemann was the highly talented engineer, Børge Johannes Rambøll was a strong humanist and social visionary acutely aware of the company's role in the development of society.
Over the next 60 years, the small partnership evolved into an international multi-disciplinary engineering company. But the small consultancy laid the ground for the Ramboll we know today - A highly principled company with a clear philosophy. Ramboll and Hannemann had strong personal beliefs and their convictions have served Ramboll well. Their Philosophy was ahead of it’s time and is entirely relevant today.
"The essence is that you have to behave properly and decently as a person and treat all others as you wish them to treat yourself. This relates to individual customers, colleagues and society as a whole”.
The highest ethical standards, responsibility towards society and happy staff underpin our approach to business. Today we stand upon the shoulders of our predecessors and continue to build the company upon the legacy created by our founders. We fundamentally believe in people’s inherent ability and understand the inspirational solutions we provide to our customers across the globe are entirely dependent on people’s creativity, insight and integrity.
Our local experience and understanding, combined with our global expertise, our strong ethical policies and our wholehearted determination to exceed expectations ensures we generate rigorous and exacting solutions for everything we undertake.
Our world is changing fast. We stand at a crossroads with society facing unprecedented challenges, the likes of which we have never seen before:
Natural resources are becoming scarce and yet energy consumption is rising; population is growing rapidly in developing countries, whilst it is ageing significantly in the developed world; infrastructure either doesn’t exist or is over capacity and failing; our climate is changing and the extremes we are seeing will become the norm; our economies are unbalanced and the gap between the haves and have not’s is wider than ever.
Solutions to these problems can be found in the philosophy laid down by Ramboll and Hanneman. It’s about doing less with more, acting with integrity, being able to empathise, taking the long view and developing holistic solutions.
As a business we are ideally placed to help respond to these challenges, so we come to the table, draw on our skills, contribute fully and have established ourselves as The Society Consultant.
We stand for creating inspiring, exacting and enduring solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. We are socially responsible. We believe in making a difference and developing sustainable societies. We bring a human touch.
We have an international outlook blended with Nordic principles and British engineering strength. In short, we are a unique high-quality consultancy with a deeply ethical standpoint.
Our distinctive approach has seen us nurture and build a truly diverse, unique, world-class and award-winning portfolio.
What sets us apart - The Human Touch
We display the human touch in everything we do. It sets us apart and allows us to grow as individuals and as a group.
Our work is of immense value to our clients. Our projects give back to the communities they sit in. We design in a responsible way – minimising the use of materials and minimising the energy needed to construct our projects and the energy in use. Socially responsible design is good design – it doesn’t cost more, but it does take special people with special mind sets to do it.
Our Scandinavian heritage sets us apart and foundation ownership makes a huge difference for the people who work with us and the people we work for.
What we offer
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer