Site Solutions Principal or Senior Managing Consultant
This role will focus on site investigation and remediation projects and projects requiring remedial cost estimating. The individual will possess broad, practical experience in implementing many investigation and remediation technologies, pilot tests, and bench scale tests. The person will be a key point of contact and manage proposal and project teams involved in mid-sized to large-scale opportunities. The person will delegate and oversee the work of senior staff and below, and provide mentoring and training to engineers/scientists. The individual will need strong communication and organizational skills to manage many projects simultaneously and be experienced in all stages of investigation through remediation. The person will require a reputation for delivering high quality services for clients and a demonstrated ability to attract significant business and new clients.
- Understand and direct staff in a broad range of site investigation and remediation technologies.
- Conduct and direct remedial cost estimates.
- Interface with agencies, stakeholders and clients.
- Provide technical assistance to Project Managers and project teams while ensuring effective client communication and relations.
- Direct Project Managers on technical assignments and project management.
- Oversee technical evaluations and recommendations.
- Assist in planning of work, scope definition and development of cost and schedule.
- Oversee Project Manager in cost and schedule control.
- Participate in the training, coaching and development of technical staff.
- Provide field inspection services to evaluate adherence to QA/QC protocol.
- Follow company and client safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements.
- Keep abreast of technology development and emerging issues.
- Publish articles, give presentations, and participate in key technical conferences.
- BS or MS in Civil, Geologic, Chemical or Environmental Engineering or related science or engineering field.
- 10 + years of experience in the site investigation and/or remediation with 6+ years in a management role.
- Self-starter able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and direction.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of quality work products.
- Experience performing independent analysis and problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in directing and mentoring junior staff and working successfully in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites with some overnight travel.
- OSHA 40-Hour Hazwoper training.
Location: Boston, MA or Westford, MA
Workplace Boston, MA