Control and Instrumentation Engineer (15 months Fixed Term Contract)
Introduction about the role
We are looking for an I&C Engineer with extensive power plant experience to join our successful Ramboll Energy Power organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the various system upgrades and modifications work on the Vasilikos Power Station Emissions Abatement Retrofit Project in Cyprus making sure the work is carried out with in line with the technical requirements.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 14,000 employees in 35 countries, including 700 employees in Ramboll Energy, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exiting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
The Client is in the process of upgrading and converting the existing oil-fired boilers and distillate fired gas turbines to operate on Natural Gas. The works are organised into several packages which are contracted separately. These packages are as follows:
a) Retrofit of SCR on Units 1 / 2 / 3
b) Retrofit of Seawater FGD on Units 1 / 2. (Optional scope for consultancy service)
c) Restoration of Seawater FGD on Unit 3
d) Completion of dual-fuel firing conversion works (NG or HFO) on Units 1 / 2
e) Dual-fuel firing conversion works (NG or HFO) for Unit 3
f) Installation of NG infrastructure for Units 4 / 5
g) Installation of NG infrastructure for Units 1 / 2 / 3. (Optional scope for consultancy service)
Main Role Responsibilities
- Provide C&I design review comments as required
- Provide on-site liaison role for any C&I issues
- Assist with review of control and instrumentation equipment and/or designs, schemes, etc.
- Provide report input as required
- Attend meetings as required
- Inspection of control/instrumentation installations
- Prepare reports, letters, etc. as required on issues
- Prepare Defects Lists, Punch Lists, NCRs, etc. on issues as may be required
- Support other site team members as necessary with advise on C&I issues
- Provide commissioning function support
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Background in control and instrumentation systems associated with power station processes
- Experience in a contracting organisation or within a consultancy is equally desirable
- Master’s or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, professional, articulate and able to negotiate positive outcomes with clients and staff when required
- Demonstrate pride in work, through high quality and timely delivery
- Be able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales are met
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also seek assistance when required
- Good report writing skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation in a rapidly growing energy sector
- Working alongside senior specialists who are recognised in the industry
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
You must have eligibility to work in the EU.