We invite you to bring your proven commercial finance / business partnering experience into play as you will provide effective financial planning and analysis support to management (Team Leaders, Head of Departments, Divisional Directors, and Executives). This includes budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis and management reporting. To succeed in this role, you must have strong academic background with a 2.1 or better in a relevant degree, Pass Finalist/Qualified ACA/CIMA or another relevant professional qualification in finance. Are you our new Business Controller? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Finance department
As our new Business Controller you will be part of a busy finance team which incorporates business controlling, accounting and project controlling. You will work dynamically with the finance team and key units across the business. Our Southampton office is based on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil working environment unrivalled by any city centre office. Ramboll’s staff also enjoy a full flexible working policy.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee Income Statement reporting (including Income Statement analysis)
- Prepare management reporting commentary for relevant stakeholders
- Manage the budgeting/forecasting process through consultation and review with management
- Proactively flag commercial issues to management and follow up on actions
- Perform root cause analysis (including Staff Costs, Margins, Billing Ratio/Non-Productive time)
- Ad hoc financial reporting as required
- Build a close working relationship with business leaders (stakeholders)
- Attend management meetings where required and present financial results
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Strong academic background with a 2.1 or better in a relevant degree, Pass Finalist/Qualified ACA/CIMA or another relevant professional qualification in finance
- Proven commercial finance / business partnering experience within a consultancy (engineering consultancy experience is beneficial but not required)
- Good understanding of project accounting/financial/management accounting principles
- Robust analytical & modelling skills particularly using Excel
- Experience with Group ERP systems (Maconomy beneficial but not required)
- Able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the Business; remaining objective and preserving a strong sense of commercial awareness,
- Strong business judgment and good instincts
- Able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively
- Ability to understand complex processes
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Flexibility and adaptability to engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels of the Business; remaining objective and preserving a strong sense of commercial awareness; strong business judgment and good instincts; able to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively; ability to understand complex processes.
Welcome to our Support Organisation
In Ramboll’s Support Organisation we take pride in keeping Ramboll running smoothly, enabling bright minds throughout the organisation to focus on their areas of expertise as we tie together all parts of the business. We provide support within areas like Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Communication, Facility Management and more, coordinating efforts and securing common ground for the development and servicing of clients and markets.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.