Senior/Principal Project Manager - One year contract
We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you will provide Project Management assistance to internal and external clients on a wide range of schemes covering buildings, energy, marine, civils/highways and infrastructure. This role will include development through the Ramboll training academy including becoming Chartered with the APM. To succeed in this role, you must have Minimum HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering or related discipline however a degree is preferred. Are you our new Senior/Principal Project Manager - One year contract? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Project management department, Chester
As our new Senior/Principal Project Manager you will be joining our Project Management team at the Chester office for one-year fixed term contract. The role will involve management of projects across the UK, and possibly also in overseas locations. Therefore, notwithstanding that the position will predominantly be office based, including working from co-located client/project offices, it will involve a degree of travel.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Management of bid teams and preparation of proposals for multi-disciplinary tenders alongside the discipline team leaders and for large schemes supporting an Associate/Director level Project Manager
- Delivery of Medium complexity projects from inception to completion ensuring scope, contracts, budgets and QA procedures are all in place and maintained through the life of a project
- Prepare and distribute Monthly Reports, Minutes and (MS Project) Programmes, and deliver (PP) presentations as and when required
- Assist in managing the design process through design workshops
- Facilitate risk management workshops
- Management of sub-consultants, typically the external quantity surveyor, architects, landscape architects, specialist designers and the like
- Develop positive working relationships with internal departments, clients, contractors, and relevant authorities in discharging our appointment
- Preparation, management and update of project programmes at regular intervals, reporting as necessary to the Project Manager and Client
- Management of change within the project scope whilst ensuring project delivery to client satisfaction
- Management of the production of technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules that comply with the scope of services
- Assume responsibility for the day to day management of all project activity through the life of our appointment in line with our Project Excellence lifecycle
- Ensure that fees/costs are prepared on time and correctly submitted with all necessary supporting information to facilitate prompt payment
- Represent the Client’s interest and provide a professional, cost-effective service that meets the Client’s expectations and reflects well on Ramboll
- Willing to travel overseas for short durations for international projects
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Minimum HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering or related discipline however a degree is preferred
- Demonstrable track record spanning 5 years (Senior) 7 years (Principal) post chartership
- Preferably a member of an appropriate construction focused association or Institute (APM / ICE or PRINCE) etc, or if not currently a member of such organization you will be required to work towards and achieve this qualification within a reasonable agreed timeframe
- Knowledge of construction and the design process
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, including CDM Regulations
- Experience of managing your own workload within a multidisciplinary consultancy
- A basic understanding of various types of procurement methods and contract administration requirements is desirable including NEC and JCT
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent communication and IT skills are essential to fulfil this position
- Ability to write high quality reports and be able to interrogate financial information supplied at tender
- Hold Ministry of Defence security clearance to SC or willing to undergo clearance
Welcome to our Buildings division
As one of the top 10 building designers in the world, Ramboll works on more than 10,000 building projects each year. 4,000 experts across the world specialize in creating more innovative, sustainable and liveable buildings. We place particular emphasis on our liveable buildings concept where we balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.