What if we could make the complexity of climate adaptive planning simpler?
Meet Ramboll GreenScenario: a software-augmented, data-driven design process for climate adaptation planning made intuitive, transparent and collaborative.
Jeremy Karl Anterola
Landscape Architect, Climate Adaptation Solutions
> CONTACT JEREMY ANTEROLA (JEREMY.ANTEROLA@RAMBOLL.COM)
Environmental and Water Engineer, Climate Adaptation Solutions
> CONTACT MARIUSZ HERMANSDORFER (MRHE@RAMBOLL.COM)
Director Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture
> CONTACT DIETER GRAU (DIGR@RAMBOLL.COM)
Christian Nyerup Nielsen
Director Climate Adaptation & Landscape Architecture
> CONTACT CHRISTIAN NYERUP NIELSEN (CNN@RAMBOLL.COM)
GreenScenario simplifies how to plan climate adaptive developments, providing cities and developers a software-augmented planning process that combines analysis, simulation and collaboration on a single, user-friendly platform.
Suitable for new developments or urban retrofits in existing areas; whether for residential or commercial buildings, or mixed-use neighbourhoods and districts, GreenScenario responds to the complexity of today’s planning environment by objectively looking at a cross-section of climate, design and economic parameters.
Why GreenScenario for your next urban planning project?
- Know exactly which tools to use and where to place them so that your development is aligned to your design, climate and commercial objectives.
- Eliminate guesswork and see the effects of planning decisions in (close to) real-time.
- And use the visualisations to quickly compare, optimise and communicate design options with your stakeholders.
The end result: transparent and objective planning solutions tailored to your project-specific goals and enabling you to confidently and clearly convey solid arguments for climate adaptive, economically feasible development solutions.
Three-step guided process
GreenScenario brings you from idea to results quickly, based on a transparent, data-driven platform enabling informed decision-making.
Step 1: Iterate
We start by building a 3D model based on three base documents: 2D or 3D layout plan, topography, location-specific climate data.
- Collaborating with our team as well as your stakeholders, we set planning objectives and goals as part of our integrated workshop format.
- Supplement the data set with more specific requirements as they become available.
- Ensure that tools, solutions and parameters are tuned to your project's unique character.
Step 2: Evaluate
Generate a myriad of options, assess their feasibility and objectively compare the scenarios.
- Simulate, test and validate multiple planning scenarios simultaneously.
- Compare how solutions perform relative to each other.
- Prior to selecting a preferred option to optimise and detail, be confident that you have made the right planning decision.
Step 3: Solve
Validate, enhance and optimise a preferred scenario and ensure that the design meet your planning requirements.
- Compare pros / cons of other planning variations to select one most suited to site-specific constraints.
- Whether a masterplan, concept design or competition, our early phase feasibility study provides your team with both a detailed, explanatory report compliant with your planning requirements and a web-based dashboard.
- Results are visible immediately and allow you to communicate, argue and advocate for planning scenarios that are sustainable, pragmatic and climate adaptive.
Why is this important today more than ever before?
- Calculating environmental impact today is highly manual (and therefore costly and time consuming).
- Designing for future changes due to extreme weather events take too long to get to results or is largely guesswork.
- Collaboration between public municipalities, private developers and planners may be tedious and decision-making is not always transparent.
This is an expensive, inefficient and time-consuming planning process. With GreenScenario, we rapidly assess and optimise the quality, performance and economic feasibility of development solutions so that they are built to withstand the uncertain and changing environmental conditions of the future.
Features of the Software + Process-Based Platform
- Iterative early-stage optioneering of all possible design options.
- Analysis and comparison of how solutions perform, all rated and assessed based on international best-practice metrics.
- Clear and rapid visualisation of multiple scenarios and their resultant impacts on costs, benefits and environmental effects - simultaneously and in (close to) real-time.
- Development of evidence-driven arguments that are supported by quantitative analysis (software) and guided by rational comparison (human collaboration).
Application and Primary Benefits
Utilising location-specific data to create project-unique simulations, GreenScenario's value-adding benefits include:
- Assessing with confidence: holistic evaluation of complex topics relevant for climate-friendly planning including early-stage cost-benefit estimates.
- Eliminating guesswork: clarity in which tools to use, where to place them, what their effects are and know that they are the best possible choice.
- Engaging and unifying stakeholders: through the involvement of all project participants from the very beginning, a faster acceptance and approval process can be enabled.
- Driving down the complexity of planning and enabling informed, transparent decision-making.
By following our integrated planning process, built on the experience of realised projects, stakeholder engagement and advancements in computational design, and, in collaboration with our team of climate adaptation experts, discover how GreenScenario can assess, validate and enhance the socio-ecological performance of your development while balancing the economic impact of planning with nature-based solutions and blue-green infrastructure.
Interested in finding out more?
Download our whitepaper on blue-green infrastructure or sign-up for free updates. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!