EA catches up with Tom Vetrano and Jesper Dalsgaard

11 April 2019
With our Environment & Health managing director Tom Vetrano handing over the reins to Jesper Dalsgaard, Environment Analyst hears from the pair on managing the leadership transition, driving the business forward, and why the acquisition of O’Brien & Gere in the US is so important.

Contact

Jesper Dalsgaard

Jesper Dalsgaard

Managing Director, Environment & Health
T: +45 5161 2720

Thomas R. Vetrano

President and Managing Director, Environment & Health
T: +1 973 286 4260

Excerpted with permission of Environment Analyst:

Leadership change

Last week Ramboll announced that Vetrano – who has steered the business for 15 years (including his time with the legacy Environ business) – will be standing back to pursue other activities within the firm. Stepping into his shoes is Jesper Dalsgaard, the former managing director of Ramboll’s buildings business. Dalsgaard will inherit an E&H order book of $266m to keep him busy.

However, Vetrano will stay at Ramboll in an advisory role to his successor, alongside another assignment to lead a number of client development initiatives as part of a strategic effort to target and maintain major contracts. He will also set aside some time to act as a mentor to help develop upcoming leaders within the business.

Speaking to EA on his first day at the helm of E&H, we asked Dalsgaard what his ambitions are for this business unit. Coming from within Ramboll’s core buildings division, he has aspirations to help E&H to grow its end-to-end capabilities and leverage Ramboll’s more traditional skills in front-end design and commissioning. He also wants to continue Vetrano’s work in expanding Ramboll E&H into the Americas and Asia.

Growth trajectory

Solid performances in the US, UK and Asia led Ramboll to post organic group revenue growth of 7% to DKK11.4bn ($1.74bn) in 2018 - marking a record year (EA 20-Mar-19). Strong momentum from some of the firm’s youngest markets helped to offset a slowdown in its traditionally Nordic territories of Denmark and Sweden, alongside its global energy practice.

Ramboll’s 2,400-strong E&H business posted gross revenue growth of 9% and net revenue growth of 6% to DKK2.7bn (US$418m), accounting for a stable 24% of the group net total. And of Ramboll’s total earnings, E&H contributes 30%, leading Vetrano to hails it as a "significant piece of the overall Ramboll business".

We invite you to read the entire article online.

Ramboll Group A/S

Ramboll Group A/S
Hannemanns Allé 53
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Denmark
Tel:+45 5161 1000
Fax:+45 5161 1001

Mail: info@ramboll.com

Danish CVR numbers

Danish CVR numbers

Ramboll Group
10160669

Rambøll Danmark
35128417

Ramboll Energy
35128417

Rambøll Management Consulting
60997918

Other sites

Other sites