Ramboll assisted iCON Infrastructure in their acquisition of Danish company Wind Estate

26 May 2021
Ramboll performed an extensive Technical and Commercial Due Diligence that ultimately enabled iCON Infrastructure to acquire the Danish company Wind Estate.
People talking in the office.

People talking in the office.

Contact

Klaus Jacob Jensen

Klaus Jacob Jensen

Global Spearhead Director, Wind Energy, Towers and Telecom
T: +45 5161 8617

Anna Pekala

Manager
T: +45 51 61 26 75

Tine Scharf

Senior Manager
T: +45 51 61 46 07

Earlier this year, iCON Infrastructure has acquired the Danish company Wind Estate. The portfolio consisted of operating assets corresponding to 259 MW of onshore wind and 23 MW of offshore wind in Denmark and the United Kingdom. The portfolio also included a selection of projects in development corresponding to several hundred MW in the same countries.

Wind Estate is one of Denmark's leading energy companies when it comes to the sale of environmentally friendly energy. After the transaction, iCON Infrastructure took over 95% of Wind Estate, while the remaining 5% were retained by one of Wind Estate’s founders. 

Ramboll’s contribution

Ramboll worked on behalf of the buyer, iCON Infrastructure, during the transaction and performed an extensive Technical and Commercial Due Diligence. The work was carried by a strong multidisciplinary team of energy, management consulting, and environmental experts.

“We are very proud to have been part of this project, acting as the single point of contact on behalf of the client. By combining our unmatched technical and commercial expertise in the energy sector together with our multidisciplinary due diligence, we were able to assist the client in closing this transaction successfully”, says Klaus Jacob Jensen, Global Spearhead Director, Wind Energy, at Ramboll.

“We were very glad to have Ramboll on our side during this transaction. The acquisition of Wind Estate is an important part of our future journey on the wind market and Ramboll’s experts have been offering great support during the process” adds Mirco Lother from iCON Infrastructure.

 

Ramboll Group A/S

Ramboll Group A/S
Hannemanns Allé 53
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
Denmark
Tel:+45 5161 1000
Fax:+45 5161 1001

Danish CVR numbers

Danish CVR numbers

Ramboll Group
10160669

Rambøll Danmark
35128417

Ramboll Energy
35128417

Rambøll Management Consulting
60997918

Other sites

Other sites