Metro Service was seeking an independent perspective on their asset management activities and chose Ramboll to perform an ISO55001 gap analysis of their organization. The analysis indicated to what extent the client complied with the standard on all parameters in order to ensure further improvement of their Asset Management programme.
The project was divided into 3 phases, planning phase, GAP-assessment and development strategy. In order to assess the performance level of current Asset Management processes and identify initiatives that could serve as guidance to fulfilling the ISO standard a GAP analysis was undertaken. Several interviews were conducted during the on-site assessment with participation of all relevant internal stakeholders from the finance to the maintenance departments and all current documentation was reviewed and analysed.
The delivery was a report presenting the results of the analysis, and an implementation plan which was presented for the top management.
- Project planning and management
- Development of input to an overall Asset Management strategy for Metro Service in Denmark
- ISO55001 GAP-assessment covering leadership, performance, management, planning & systems, maintenance, goals, strategy & decision-making
- Development of an implementation plan
- Assessment of computerized maintenance management systems
- Report containing ISO55001 ratings, findings & future recommendations