Dhaka Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport requires rehabilitation of Apron, Taxiways and Runway including upgrade of associated AGL and Air Traffic Management equipment to upgrade the airport to international standards. Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Denmark has granted a loan for the Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh for carrying out these improvement works.
Ramboll has the role of Project Manager for these improvements and the services include for instance:
- Outline Design for rehabilitation of approx. 300,000 m2 pavements
- rehabilitation of storm water system
- upgrade of AGL (Airfield Ground Lighting)
- upgrade of building facilities for Air Traffic Management
- new equipment for Air Traffic Management
Ramboll is further assigned during the implementation to supervise the construction work. Finally, Ramboll is carrying out a Master Plan covering the future developments in the airport over a 10 year period including locations of needed expansion.