Elaboration of environment and climate strategy, policy and climate accounts and environmental management system.
Nykredit is one of Denmark’s leading financial institutions. They have a vision of financial sustainability and also wishes to take on responsibility for environmental and climate impact.
Therefore Nykredit wishes to elaborate an environmental and climate policy in order to reduce the environmental and climate effect from their activities. The progress of Nykredit’s effort is ensured by design of an environmental management system and yearly reporting of effort and results via yearly environmental and climate accounts.
Further Nykredit wishes to contribute to the influence on clients and other stakeholders through dialogue and partnering.
Ramboll has in cooperation with the client elaborated an environmental and climate policy and strategy and further carried out the following:
- Process consultant during the elaboration of an environmental and climate strategy/policy
- Interview of stakeholders to find opportunities and existing actions
- Mapping of environmental and climate effect
- Elaboration of environmental and climate accounts
- Elaboration of action plan and activities in order to reduce the environmental and climate effect
As a result of the project Nykredit has adopted an environmental and climate policy that contributes to reducing the company's environmental and climate effect and has elaborated yearly environmental and climate accounts to focus on the yearly effort and results. Furthermore, Nykredit has established an environmental management system to maintain the company’s environmental effort via a management commitment.