Based on the strategy of the Cantonal Hospital Aarau (KSA), the following objectives were defined for the new building project in the overall performance competition:
- Optimisation of processes: short distances for patients, personnel and materials, reduction of personnel requirements through reduced transport requirements, basis for systematic automation
- Digitisation and automation: Completely new approaches will relieve medical personnel of routine tasks (such as data acquisition), the allocation of tasks to personnel (e.g. care assistance) will be relocated, logistics processes will be consistently geared to technical possibilities and space is will be used optimally.
- Flexibility: adaptations to new requirements should be made possible without great effort.
- Separation of outpatient clinics and inpatient operations: Separate business but exploit synergies
- Sustainability: The new building meets today's requirements for a sustainable building.
The building was designed accordingly with integrated functionality, clear separation of outpatient and inpatient division and maximum flexibility.
For the new Cantonal Hospital building, Ramboll will be responsible for planning the logistics and automated transport systems that will enable the use of automated guided vehicles and pneumatic tube systems in the building.
Results & customer benefits
The systems planned by Ramboll allow the principle of short distances for staff and patients to be implemented, as they support the consistent separation of outpatient and inpatient areas, including their traffic flows. The efficient logistics processes and smooth material supply relieve the personnel and make more time for the patient.