Ramboll is a specialist in acoustics, noise and vibration. We complete projects of all scales and types, from opera houses to major road projects.
A complete acoustics service covering all sectors
Our main areas of expertise include acoustics in residential buildings, schools, laboratories and auditoria, outdoor noise assessments and noise reduction and construction noise assessments.
The sectors where Ramboll offers acoustic consultancy services include:
- Education – schools, universities
- Culture — concert halls, theatres, opera houses, music schools, museums
- Health — hospitals, medical schools, community medical facilities
- Commercial buildings — offices, hotels, residential projects
- Environment — noise and vibration measurement, mapping, assessments, underwater acoustics
- Transport — road, rail and air infrastructure, building design
- Electroacoustics – public address, voice alarm and acoustic enhancement
Leading innovation in Acoustics
We are conducting cutting edge research with University College London exploring the interaction between architecture, musical composition and acoustics. In addition, we are researching the acoustics of outdoor urban spaces for ways to enhance acoustic experience and mitigate noise with the help of soundscaping.
Ramboll is a pioneer in acoustic modelling and is part of the consortium re-sponsible for the development of Odeon, the industry standard software for the computer modelling of internal spaces.
Ramboll’s London office has an advanced auralisation studio for subjectively demonstrating to clients the acoustic qualities of their project be it a concert hall or a railway noise barrier.