We believe that simply maintaining the built environment and limiting deterioration is not enough. Our aim is to ensure buildings remain as living, working structures - meeting the needs of current and future users - whilst minimising their impact on the environment. To achieve this goal, we use a systematic and holistic approach to ensure the full potential of an existing building is reached before they deteriorate and become unusable – utilising all aspects of the building.
Historically significant buildings require a special approach - understanding or ‘listening’ to the building is the key. We have worked on internationally important historic buildings and sites – collaborating closely with historic building protection authorities – providing solutions that are sympathetic to the historic building fabric and minimising irreversible interventions.
Comprehensive renovation and refurbishment service
Experience is often the key to successfully renovating or refurbishing an existing building. 1:1 renovations are one of our specialties and we have provided solutions to many complex and multifaceted problems in existing buildings to realise our clients’ aspirations.
We have a wide range of clients and no job is too small – we work on everything from maintenance plans and mould inspections to complete renovations.
Our comprehensive renovation and refurbishment service covers:
- Assessments and upgrades of building services and energy efficiency
- Service life prediction and condition survey
- Reviews and improvements to acoustic performance
- Fire safety evaluations and system design
- Structure and façade investigations, testing (concrete, brickwork, plaster, wood/timber etc.), appraisals and alterations
- Building maintenance and facilities managementTechnical due diligence (TDD and EDD)
- Moisture, mould, radon etc. inspection, indoor climate surveys
- Building physics, calculation and evaluation of heat and moisture issues in new or existing buildings
- Masterplans for social housing (LBF)
- Hazardous materials audit and demolition consultancy
Ramboll provides a one-stop service for existing buildings – with all the necessary knowledge gathered in one place to meet any client need.