We work with both the public and private sector to ensure that policies, governance, infrastructure and structures are in place to ensure an ability to both absorb shocks and build back stronger to ensure that support and incentivise investments in a sustainable and resilient future for all.
Be ready to cope
For a city, it could involve having the resources and leadership structures in place to help cope with and recover from a natural disaster or severe weather, whilst maintaining key services and functions.
For a private enterprise it could entail the ability to quantify exposure and estimate vulnerability to a pandemic (the hazard) and put in place requisite systems, structures and business models that can cope with the hazard.
Within Resilient Societies & Business we help clients with e.g.:
- Risk Diagnosis via application of a three-dimensional approach to determining risk i.e. hazard identification, exposure quantification and vulnerability assessment
- Impact Assessment including evaluation and quantification of hazards across multiple components including physical assets, financial consequences, human & social capital,, supply chains, etc.
- Resilience strategy & planning for both public and private sector to provide strategic guidance and put plans in place to ensure the ability to recover, adapt, innovate and transform
- Cost benefit analysis and financial assessment of resilience investments e.g. resource efficiency, supply chains, social value & cohesion
- Evidence-Based policy development based on vigorous methodology and sector insights
- Good governance and management structure design, development and implementation to build resilience.