Ramboll has extensive expertise within all areas of railway, metro and light rail systems, including overhead catenary systems, interlocking systems and power supply.
Over the years Ramboll has assisted in the project design of many new railway sections with electrical operations, renovation, and modernisation of existing facilities. We also deliver consultancy services on optimisation of maintenance, and our expertise within this field has become widely recognized. Furthermore, Ramboll offer consultancy services in relation to system integration between the electrification systems with optimisation of budgets and related investments.
Ramboll has developed a range of database tools to be used in the project design of overhead catenary systems. This includes development of 3D project design tools to automate the drafting of plans, cross sections and elevations. This allows a highly efficient and cost effective design of catenary systems.
Our competencies within electrification include:
- Proposals regarding electrification strategies including budget analysis and investment analysis
- Evaluation of existing systems
- Technical and financial proposals regarding electrification of new sections or modernisation of existing facilities
- Project design of the whole project cycle from inception to post completion evaluation
- Requirement specification and design of tender documents and contract strategies
- Test and analysis of dynamic circumstances
- Planning and preparation of potential equalizations
- Preparation of maintenance strategies
- Implementation of system approvals
- Construction management and technical inspection