Ramboll is involved in the expansion and modernisation of the main lines in The Nordic countries and in the UK. We have substantial experience with and competencies in the implementation of such projects and are familiar with international standards and norms. The projects are often complex and involve many different technical disciplines, and Ramboll can provide this multidisciplinary expertise with extensive experience in assembling and working in international project teams.
Our competencies within intercity and high-speed railways include:
- Initial analysis and proposals regarding upgrades and new railways
- Proposals regarding operation concepts and timetable structures
- Preparation of traffic forecasts
- Analysis of capacity conditions in upgrades and new facilities
- Preparation of facility estimates following the guidelines for “New facility budgeting”
- Socioeconomic analysis
- Planning and project design of all technical rail facilities – tracks, signalling, electrification etc.
- Planning and project design of earthwork, bridges, tunnels etc.
- Planning and project design of stations and terminals
- Assistance in relation to authority approvals
- Tender and contract strategies
- Project management and construction management including inspection