All over the world, cities face enhanced flood-risks due to storm-surge and more frequent and heavy rainfalls. Ramboll is assisting city leaders, public departments and urban developers on a global scale by providing insights, ideas and specific solutions that reduce the risk of flooding and increase liveability.
Added value and world-class competences
Many of our projects provide added value and serve multiple purposes like increasing opportunities for recreational activity, improving social cohesion and/or protecting biodiversity. Our global team of climate adaptation specialists include world-class engineering specialists, hydrologists and landscape architects, whereof many are placed in Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl.
Our most required deliveries include:
- Flood risk estimation, screenings and flood defense appraisal - read more about flood risk management
- Resilience and climate adaptation pre-/feasibility studies incl. socio-economical cost-benefit and climate justice analyses and / or hydrological assessments and surveys - read more about risk-based resiliency planning
- Landscape architecture
- 1D/2D hydraulic modelling, and floodplain mapping
- Water sensitive concept and detailed design/landscape design, master planning, investment planning, site proposals
- Urban environment integration and blue-green infrastructure
- Sustainable urban drainage system (SUDS) design
- Sustainable urban districts planning; DGNB, LEED etc.
- River restoration and catchment masterplans
- Stakeholder management, incl. permitting, licensing and authority handling
- Coastal erosion and storm-surge protection
We cover all phases of a project from initial studies and analyses to the development of masterplans, conceptual and detailed design as well as stakeholder management.
Our clients include municipalities, utility companies, developers, private land owners, property managers, investors and insurers. We also provide services to government environment agencies, regional and local authorities, international organisations like the EU and the International Financial Institutions (IFIs).