For decades – and under different headlines – we have helped organisations make a positive impact on society. Now, sustainability is the common language for all; fuelled by the Paris Agreement, EU’s Green Deal, national ambitions and a rising consumer demand.
Yet, sustainability brings its own set of challenges as companies, cities, and governments need to break new ground.
Therefore, we provide insights and a clear way forward whether our clients look for competitive advantages, risk mitigation, carbon neutrality, social equity and resilience, investment or procurement opportunities, circular supply chains, or any other type of benefit from sustainable change.
Strategic leadership – Tangible results
At Ramboll Management Consulting, we deliver integrated sustainability transformation. And we feel passionately for sustainability.
We provide strategic sustainability leadership and guidance to clients in both the public and private sector on their sustainability transition. Our work is underpinned by the world class technical insight, expertise, execution and implementation that our 16,000 engineers, scientists and economists provide globally, all across Ramboll.
This collective strength allows us to not only deliver strategic leadership and guidance but to truly integrate sustainability throughout an organisation’s strategy, structures, processes and culture. By this, we generate tangible results for our clients. Results that have a long-lasting positive impact on, for example, resource efficiency and climate change and results that also bring added economic value.
Specialised technical insight provides our clients with the in-depth support that they need to transition their organisations. The ability to apply such technical insight from “boardroom to factory floor” provides our clients with the necessary assurance and confidence to take those important sustainability steps.
We specialise in insights around these six core areas:
How we deliver
We pride ourselves with the ability to combine technical sustainability insight with management consulting delivery and acumen. We have developed a strong approach to guiding our clients on their sustainability transitions with the ultimate goal being continuous renewal and improvement.
We deliver concrete services to our clients along five steps:
- Assessment: The first step in the development of any strategy, sustainability or otherwise, is to understand the context within which the strategy is being developed. Understanding the current situation or baseline is central to the ability to build, strengthen, transform and deliver tangible results
- Strategy: A sustainability strategy helps to articulate a shared future vision, which could be for a product, organisation or indeed a city. We help to create sustainability strategies that are clear, ambitious, and with a strong business case. These can be holistic in nature or focus upon specific challenges e.g.
decarbonisation, circular economy or gaining competitive advantages from sustainability
- Transformation: To overcome the significant challenges that lie ahead with respect to climate change, resource scarcity, customer expectations, business risk etc. a radical change in form or nature with respect to enterprise structure, processes, practices, products and supply chains will be required.
We build our approach to sustainable change on a solid transformation paradigm since too many organisations let change happen. With our help, we make change happen
- Performance & Culture: Sustainably is more than planning and reporting. At Ramboll, we believe that sustainability is about converting strategies and concepts into tangible results. Results that have a long-lasting positive impact upon, for example, resource efficiency and climate change but also results that bring added economic value.
We work with our clients in interpreting broader targets and goals. This also means taking real action to cascade and integrate such sustainability targets throughout the spine of a company or organisation
- Progress tracking & renewal: We track progress, monitor systems and quantify results all with the aim to drive continuous improvement. We help companies track the progress of sustainability actions and projects and help them take action based on this information to improve.
Measuring progress is often through tangible indicators. Working with our Ramboll colleagues, we create technical solutions to drive continuous improvement & renewal.
With our vast experience, proven methods and many experts, we serve a large and diverse client base. Cities, governments and agencies, and investment funds as well as private sector companies in e.g. the buildings, transport, energy, pharma, or automotive industry.
Our client focus is supported by Ramboll’s emphasis on energy & natural resources, transport, the built environment & urbanism and water infrastructure coupled with our management consulting acumen.
We are particularly strong in:
- Utilities and asset owners: property owners, water/electricity/green energy providers, rail operators, etc.
- Industry & manufacturing: automotive, manufacturers, food & beverage, etc.
- Finance & investment: infrastructure funds, private equity houses, and pension funds
- Service providers & businesses: retail, logistics, etc.
- Public agencies & authorities: national government, international organisations, local authorities and cities as well as public agencies e.g. roads authority, rail agency, environmental proception agency, etc.